(photo: from prenatal to postnatal ; student: Sandy)
Giving birth is a massive process for women. A whole other different set of physical conditions often accompanies the bliss of loving your little creation.
Postnatal yoga uses movement, balance and relaxation to awaken the body, allow your body to recover from pregnancy and birth. It helps to heal the body and mind, and repair the tissues.
There are many benefits to attending a postnatal yoga class and these are few of them:
• restores hormonal balance
• eases pressure on the nervous system
• helps build up strength in the spine
• minimises the effects of holding and feeding a baby
• Provides rest and instant relaxation
• Helps reduce anxiety and depression
• Restores the body towards full core strength.
When to start and stop:
One can start after 6 weeks (natural birth) or 12 weeks (C-Section) and carry on for about 4 to 5 months before joining the normal class.